Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Dates confusion

I have a page that has 2 frames.

Frame 1: Has buttons so you click on the button and it opens conditional charts and text objects on one sheet. Remember each button opens each conditional object using a calendar

Button 1 opens text objects. variable opens only current month (conditional show when button 1 selected)

Button 2-5 open a chart which are rolling 12 month variable charts May-May (conditional show when button 2-5 selected)

This works fine if only viewing on the application.

Now I want to create an nPrinting monthly report that shows May data for button 1 but also shows the other rolling 12 month charts on other sheets so the nPrinting report will have 5 pages:

Page 1 - shows details from Button 1

Page 2 - shows details from Button 2

Page 3 - shows details from Button 3

Page 5 -shows details from Button 5.

When I do run my report, it shows a cumulative figure for button 1 so every month summed and gives me a huge figure but the rolling 12 month charts appear as it should. So I attempt to fix this by creating an OnOpenDocument() variable to open on the current month and then the nPrinting report will show the Button 1 details as the current month but rolling months will show the current month and not the 12 months.

Any one any help so that I can show ONLY current month for button 1 and rolling months for buttons 2-5 on my nPrinting report?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NPrinitng does not support "buttons" or rather variable filters (unless it is NPrinitng 16.X)

I suggest you create either:

• dedicated application with all objects visible so you don't have toggle anything
  • or dedicated sheet with all objects visible

Keep in mind that designing NPrinitng application should start from propely designed Qlik Application and not everything you have in your current app can be used.

Another thing you need to be aware of is requirements - you cant use triggers in NPrinting app so your on open trigger is making your setup "unsupported". Instead you need to create NPrinitng filters. In case where you want to show differnet periods like current month and rolling months etc you need to build dedicated objects in Qlik and i would use set analysis to cater logics.

Essentialy you want to have all objects required for your report working on the same sheet with common selection. This very often requires little bit of data modeling, reference calendars and set analysis usage like i mentioned before.

more on https://help.qlik.com

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NPrinitng does not support "buttons" or rather variable filters (unless it is NPrinitng 16.X)

I suggest you create either:

• dedicated application with all objects visible so you don't have toggle anything
  • or dedicated sheet with all objects visible

Keep in mind that designing NPrinitng application should start from propely designed Qlik Application and not everything you have in your current app can be used.

Another thing you need to be aware of is requirements - you cant use triggers in NPrinting app so your on open trigger is making your setup "unsupported". Instead you need to create NPrinitng filters. In case where you want to show differnet periods like current month and rolling months etc you need to build dedicated objects in Qlik and i would use set analysis to cater logics.

Essentialy you want to have all objects required for your report working on the same sheet with common selection. This very often requires little bit of data modeling, reference calendars and set analysis usage like i mentioned before.

more on https://help.qlik.com

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Followed your idea.

Thanks