Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Days to keep and reports to keep - relevant to Sense hub ?

I enabled dynamic naming and included the date and timestamp, into the report name  and left days to keep and reports to keep to 1-

expecting to see multiple reports in the Sense hub with different timestamps in the reportname, for multiple task runs and then the days to keep and reports to keep parameters would kick in action and delete all older reports than a day from the "hub". But, all that was happening was whenever i run the task, it just keeps overwriting/replacing the report in the hub with the latest generated report.

I feel that both the days to keep and the reports to keep options are relevant only for the "newstand" and not to the hub. "Hub" always shows the latest version of the report generated by the task. "number of days" and "days to keep" don't make any sense when generating reports to hub.

Can anybody confirm this please ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've found the same it only keeps the latest copy of the reports not a history in HUB.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've found the same it only keeps the latest copy of the reports not a history in HUB.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Also when it comes to the HUB you can only use it as a destination if the User is a domain user.  I tried with a user that had a QS User token but not a windows authenticated user and the report couldnt be published to the HUB.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response ogster1974‌. So that means there's always the latest version of a report retained and there's no way we could delete that one version from hub. Correct ?

Could anybody from  Qlik confirm this behaviour ?  lech_miszkiewiczrpc‌, any thoughts here ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think that's the intended behaviour but somehow, in nprinting 17.3.1, the documentation doesn't seem to be accurate.

Came across this in november 2017 nprinting help

In the Qlik Sense hub, users will only see the latest version of a report. They will not be able to access older versions of reports like they can in the NewsStand.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I usualy test things before i say anything

I will have to test dynamic naming with Hub destination and let you know. On the other hand i think this still can be little bit buggy, given that reports from HUB cannot be deleted...

let me get back to you after some test.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

there you go - HELP rocks!!!!

I used to send everybody to help and this time i did not read it  - good point mate!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech ! So we're trying to roll out nprinting reports to users to their hubs. But what if the data in a report is wrong or if we want to bring down those reports, as in delete them from the users hub ?

Isn't there a way at all ? All the articles lead me to believe that -but am just thinking there should be some way to rollback the reports from the hub. any thoughts ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌hi

as of now there is no way to take down report distributed to hub.

there is no known workaround.

Given that nprinting is a distribution tool you rather assume that data is correct and you rather have a one way direction (delivered to email, hub, newsstand)

cheers

lech

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I'm sorry but in the real world reports can be wrong or sent to the wrong distribution group and not having a way to remove/recall that content if required is a lack of functionality.

what would be a nice feature is a recall part of the publish task so runs the exact same task but you can alter the message to state reason for recall and it removes last reports from newsstand and hub and sends a recall message for one's distributed by email.