Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dealing with complex pivots

Hello all,

I always have the problem that pivot tables from QlikSense should be distributed via NPrinting.

The problem is that these pivot tables are quite complex in structure and presentation (various color formatting of background and text colors as well as the number formats).

NPrinting or Qlik Sense can currently only output them without formatting. Currently I always give the advice to create pivot tables as normal tables. For large pivots with many dimension values it is hardly possible to create a key measure for each value. The effort / benefit would not be given here.

Therefore, I would be interested in how you handle this, do you have another tip?

Greetings

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can manage Qlik Sense pivots in 3 ways:

- add them as images. Pros: fast rendering and keeping the colors. Cons: no data and could be cut

- add them as singe tag in an Excel cell. Pros: you will have editable data in generated report. Cons: know limitations in exporting the formats

- create the related straight table in Qlik Sense, import it in Excel and create a native Excel pivot. You can apply Excel formatting. Pros: data available in the generated reports and format customization. Cons: longer development work

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli  thanks for your answer.

No. 1)
is omitted, because the recipients want to continue working with the numbers.

No. 2)
is omitted, because the CI design is not taken over and you can't adjust it in Excel afterwards.

No. 3)
I tested this morning (according to this example https://help.qlik.com/de-DE/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm) This would be more in the right direction, but the one sheet with the "raw data" remains, which of course should not appear in the distribution.
-> Do you have a tip here?

The reports should be sent to board members etc., here the design is of course very important.

Greetings.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could hide the worksheet with the straight table in the template by using Excel feature. Right click on the worksheet label and select hide. Then create the native pivot table in another, visible, worksheet. This method is used often.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Chrysostomos
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Dear Ruggero

Let me inform that I am not a " Spam", I work for Envision Information Systems , Athens - Greece and we were Country resellers from 2003 and master resellers for Qlik from 2016 and  with a numerous implementation of Qlik View and Sense.

As you can understand we have a solid experience and historical backround  with Qlik ptatform and thus our Research and Development department has created two Qlik sense extensions that provide solutions in cases like that.

Those extensions are implemented in major enterprises  here in Greece and abroad and they gave great value and solution to a lot of Qlik users.

So please bear in mind that we are working for the same side and we are here to provide solutions and share ideas..

Regards from Athens

Chrysostomos