Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted an App by Mistake

I deleted an App by mistake and need to recall it. Is there anything I can do?

If not, I've lost weeks of work

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Contact your IT guys to look for the deleted files they will have backup strategy on servers. Give them the folder path where the file was existing before and tell them retrieve from the backup.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Is this from your PROD server or your QA or your Local box you deleted?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How would that put it back into new NPrinting?

Also I have no idea what the file path was, they all have encrypted folder names

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

When you say an app is that a qvw file or an Nprinting template file? In your Nprinting template file settings somewhere you must have given the paths to your qvw..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey it was the app in nprinting  17/June meaning all the reports, filters, connections etc went.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Do you have a backup of the repository database? Backup and restore of a repository ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm...unless this is something done automatically then I wouldn't have thought so.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

No, it is not automatic, unfortunatelly. http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/AdministeringQVNprinting/BackupRestoreReposito...

We suggest to create at least a daily backup.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.