Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dimensions without values

Hello,

I created a NPrinting PDF Pixel Perfect report with the Template Editor.

In my QlikSense app I have 2 tables, one with the sales and one with the orders of different locations. In my NPrinting Report I want to have these two tables, one site for each location. So far it works perfectly. But locations without any sales and orders are also shown in the Report with empty tables. 

In the template editor I first have Level "location" and then a level for each table (on equal level, right under the location). 

I unchecked "include null values" for the location in my app for both tables.

Is there any workaround how to get the empty sites (almost, apart from the empty tables) removed?

Please let me know if you need any further information!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

That is because you created the first level Location by using the Location field. This will produce a level for each distinct value of the Location field.

Instead create a straight table with the location field and the sum of related sales with rows only for locations that have sales. Than refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer and use that new straight table to create the first level.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

That is because you created the first level Location by using the Location field. This will produce a level for each distinct value of the Location field.

Instead create a straight table with the location field and the sum of related sales with rows only for locations that have sales. Than refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer and use that new straight table to create the first level.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

thanks! This works, but is really not user friendly. Should be a common case to only show the dimensions with values?! I would have expected that there is an option to tell the Template Editor.

BR!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The one I described is a standard way to filter the values used in a level. The are no reasons to add an option because you can do it in the described way and also because you can filter the values on the straight table based on different criterias. This way is also supported starting from very old versions of Qlik NPrinting (older than 16).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero