Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display Weekname in NPrinting file name

Hi,

I have a report scheduled Mondays that includes last weeks data. In the file name, I'd like to include the name of last week, i.e. for example "Weekly Sales Report 2019/38".

I have this variable set up in QlikView:

SET vWeekNameReport =weekname(today()-1) 

This variable is added to the report Dynamic name/Qlik variable

But the file displays the content of the variable rather than the week name: "Weekly Sales Report_weekname(today()-1)"

We are running NPrinting 19 February 2019 SR1 and QlikView 11.20 SR 18.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anders

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this means that you are putting = sign in front of first variable and not the second variable

simply use one variable for this exercise and again - note the "=" sign which you did not have in front of your variable expression

SET vWeekName_LW    = "=Replace(Text(WeekName(Floor(ReloadTime())-1)),'/','-')";

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This topic is very well documented with youtube tutorials and official documentation. Please read help to understand why you get a content of variable instead of actual evaluated value - link below.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Work-with-variab...

and also here

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Using-Variables-in-the-Email-Subject/td-p/1...

also here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HFdrqsbQlk

you are missing the most important thing: "="(equal sign) in front of your variable so it can evaluate!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to follow up - my examples show you how to use variable in message subject etc.. but princliple is the same as variable needs to be evaluated....

AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Lech! And thanks for the examples.

The = sign is present in the variable "=weekname(today()-1)" . I have tested using a simple date variable like
"= Date(Floor(Now()))" and it works. I'm thinking it's a problem with evaluating the WeekName syntax in my current variable (or MonthName/YearName)?

What do you think? 

AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Could be the fact that WeekName returns 2019/38 which would  be a non supported file name. How could I amend the variable to change the "/" to a "-"?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about replace($(variable),’/‘,’-‘)

AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. I created these two variables:

SET vWeekName_LW    = WeekName$(vReloadDate)-1;
SET vReport_LW             = replace($(vWeekName_LW),'/','-w');

but it still does not do the trick unfortunately:

Output pdf file name:  Weekly Report_replace(WeekName2019-09-24-1,'_','-w').pdf
what I want to see here is rather Weekly Report_2019-w39.pdf

any ideas?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this means that you are putting = sign in front of first variable and not the second variable

simply use one variable for this exercise and again - note the "=" sign which you did not have in front of your variable expression

SET vWeekName_LW    = "=Replace(Text(WeekName(Floor(ReloadTime())-1)),'/','-')";

AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Worked perfect, thanks Lech!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No worries mate!