Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Display a Conditional Show/Hide Dimension that Isn't Selected

Morning,

how do i go about displaying a dimension in an object when it has a conditional show/hide that isnt selected?

in my qvw as an example:

Staff:

load * Inline

[

Ethnicity

];

and in the dimension fields in the object, each dimension has the condition enabled such as:

Staff = 'Age'

Staff = 'Gender'

etc

if i want to display Gender in my report and it isn't selected in the app how do i force it into the report?

(by the way, my data source points to the live qvw, i'm guessing that this is the correct approach?)

many thanks,

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

There are a couple of possible options.

You can add another version of the object on the tab, have the report point to that object and then hid the object.  To the end user, it will look the same but the object will then be on the report.

Another option would be to create a new tab, place a copy of the object on the new tab, have the report point to the object and then hide the tab.

Regardless of the options above, it is important to make sure you bring the object into NPrinting before doing any hiding

View solution in original post

5 Replies
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

stab in the dark but i guess that i need to apply a bookmark?

Not applicable

There are a couple of possible options.

You can add another version of the object on the tab, have the report point to that object and then hid the object.  To the end user, it will look the same but the object will then be on the report.

Another option would be to create a new tab, place a copy of the object on the new tab, have the report point to the object and then hide the tab.

Regardless of the options above, it is important to make sure you bring the object into NPrinting before doing any hiding

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I would say either make your selector always have one option selected.

Or in your condition for show gender and add or GetSelectedCount(Staff) = 0

Mark

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the reply's. I had a feeling i'd have to add/amend the app. Was hoping to avoid touching the live app (this is what my NPrint report points to).

I guess people make a copy of the live app that users cannot see, give it a task to load as the live app does then point NPrint at the copy? But as i'm new to NPrint i'm not sure of best practice etc!

Thanks again.

Not applicable

I do not think you need to make another copy of the program - I would suggest making a copy of the object, bring into Npritning and then hide the object

If you are gouing to make another copy, I would suggest having it be a bianry load