Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranidas
Partner - Contributor III

Distribution of Reports created in Qlik Sense in shared Folder using N Printing

Hi All,

We are new to Qliksense and N printing . Your assistance will help us in acheiving requirement.

We have developed dashboards in qlik sense.

Requriment is to Distribute the Export of the dashboard in PDF/PPT format to users in Shared drive.

We are exploring N printing  and not sure this is possible or not . 

Please help with necessary pre requisites and steps to achieve this ( password less communication between server , etc )
Labels (2)
5 Replies
skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @ranidas 

This is very much possible as I have done it myself. Quick question is the Nprinting up and Running already ? By that I mean have you started sending reports already? You just want to find out how to distribute to a folder?

ranidas
Author

Hi @skzwane01 ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please find the below answers to your questions.

1.Nprinting up and Running already ? @ Yes ,its up and running.

2.have you started sending reports already? @ Yes, we distribute reports to mails.

But now,we want to Distribute PDF's in shared drive, PDF Count is around 500+.

Please help with necessary pre requisites and steps to achieve .

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi 

First of all your NPrinitng version (the one you indicated you are using  NPrinitng 17.0 ) is very old and should be upgraded. Latest version is November 2020.

Distribution reports to folder (and all other steps and requirements) are well described in official documentation on https://help.qlik.com

for example here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - I guess I dont have to say that NPrinting service account needs to have permissions set and access to read/write/overwrite in this folder....

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I strongly suggest to start by studying the official help site of Qlik NPrinting because it is an enterprise class software and you cannot just sit down in front of the Web Console and start to use, you need training. 

Recent versions support the import of Qlik Sense sheets as images or you can drag and drop the objects into your templates. Every detail of the template creation process is documented.

When you create a new community conversation, please add the label with the correct version you are using because the solution could depend on that information. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.