Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_ULG
Creator
Creator

Dragging of fields with spaces to Excel template is copying to multiple cells

Hello all,

I have an issue with the template editor in NPrinting, which never occurred previously. Basically, while dragging the fields from a chart into an Excel template, any fields which have names which include spaces, are copying into multiple cells in Excel. This is essentially splitting the field name, and the connection to the object is lost.

When clicking on the filed name under Chart, it does not then link to the split field. Single string field names work fine as expected. I use Nprinting regularly and have never had this issue before.

The screenshots below highlight the issue. The first shows a field name with 2 words separate by a space dragging across to 2 cells.

Field Copying to Multiple Cells.png

When clicking on this field name, we see it does not then link to the cells in the Excel template, as it has been split.

Field Copying to Multiple Cells1.png

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please always specify the versions of the software you are using.

I just tried on my installation and I'm not able to reproduce. In my installation dragging and dropping a QlikView field with a space will not be splitted in two columns.

Maybe you have some particular options activated in Excel?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Qlik_ULG 

The issue is likely due to the version of NPrinting  that you are running. Older NPrinting versions may contain this issue.

A space in the name of the source field generated in the source document load script is not an issue however in April 2019 release of NPrinting used in conjunction with QlikView. It should be fine for use with Qlik Sense as well.

columns.PNG

Since we have no reference point to work with from you, I have tested on April 2019 release as shown below and it works as designed. No column splitting. 

Hope this helps.

References:

Upgrading 17+ platform   https://support.qlik.com/articles/000050323

Migrating to the 17+ platform  https://support.qlik.com/articles/000029513

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please always specify the versions of the software you are using.

I just tried on my installation and I'm not able to reproduce. In my installation dragging and dropping a QlikView field with a space will not be splitted in two columns.

Maybe you have some particular options activated in Excel?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Qlik_ULG 

The issue is likely due to the version of NPrinting  that you are running. Older NPrinting versions may contain this issue.

A space in the name of the source field generated in the source document load script is not an issue however in April 2019 release of NPrinting used in conjunction with QlikView. It should be fine for use with Qlik Sense as well.

columns.PNG

Since we have no reference point to work with from you, I have tested on April 2019 release as shown below and it works as designed. No column splitting. 

Hope this helps.

References:

Upgrading 17+ platform   https://support.qlik.com/articles/000050323

Migrating to the 17+ platform  https://support.qlik.com/articles/000029513

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Qlik_ULG
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero and Frank,

Thank you both for the responses. I am currently running the September 2018 version (18.29.8.0).

The issue wasn't occurring up until the end of last week with the same version, and no Excel settings would have changed. I'll upgrade and see if this resolves it.

Thanks again.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ok, let us know if upgrading resolves. If it will not resolve, please open a support ticket because we are not able to reproduce with latest version (June 2019). In the ticket include the .QVW and the templates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Qlik_ULG
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I'm confirming that an upgrade resolved the issue.

Thanks again for the support.