Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayabedin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Duplicate Emails in NPrinting April-2018 after upgrading from 17.3

Hi All,

We have upgraded NPrinting to April-2018 from version 17.3.

We are now having a difficulties. Scheduled task is sending the email twice to the user. Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Jaynal.

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

maybe you are adding the same user twice? once as a user second time as a group?

without seeing what how you have configured your task we can't do much.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jayabedin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All the automated scheduled report are sending email twice. This is happening after we backed up the old version(17.3) and running it under April-2018.

Regards

Jaynal

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

have you created a case with Qlik support? With lack of information from you we cannot do much on coimmunity. Normally i would create a test NPrinting APP with Test connection , test report and test publish task and check if this still sends duplicated reports.

Maybe you have somehow duplicated your apps and reports when you backed up your repository? I know that it sounds crazy but i am guessing here.

Probably open a ticket with Qlik support and let tyhem look at this.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jayabedin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Lech.

I am going to create a case for Qlik Support.

Just for information, if I create a new task now, this is fine.

It is happening with all those task been imported from the old version.

Regards

Jaynal

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well, you should not import repository from the older version.

You can back up repository on (lets say) version A, then do upgrade of whole setup to version B.

You cannot do backup of version A, install of new version and restore from backup. During installation there are steps which are upgrading repository to be compatible with the new version of NPrinting so if you restored old repository on new version you basicly corrupted it.

as it clearly says here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Backup-restore.htm

A Qlik NPrinting backup can only be restored to an installation of the exact same version of Qlik NPrintingbecause Qlik NPrinting repository structures may differ between versions of Qlik NPrinting.

If you want to upgrade and migrate your data between versions of Qlik NPrinting, you must follow the instructions for upgrading. For more information, see Upgrading Qlik NPrinting.

cheers

Lech