Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvain_piccarreta

Duplicate environment Nprinting 17

Hi 

I need to create an other environment for Nprinting and I am searching how to copy quickly parameters (Connexions, filters, users, reports, ...) from the  first Nprinting to the second Nprinting. The objectif is to use the second if the first is down.

Thanks for your help,

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador

Hi, please follow: Help Qlik: Moving reports between environments

Good practice is using Excel with users list, filters and using NPrinting IMPORT process for that: Help Qlik: Importing users

sylvain_piccarreta
Author

thanks,

but is it not possible to duplicate automatically all parameter from the first Nprinting to the second Nprinting with a batch or copy tasks scheduled every night ?

Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador

It's not so easy to do. You can try to create a process within NPrinting database repository (Postgres) and copy templates from Windows folders between nodes.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Steps:

1. create and identical server as your first NPrinting Computer (of course with different name ie: NP serverMirrror)

2. use the steps in this article to migrate your database from your live NP server to the Mirror as needed. I suggest automating your NP database backup as needed. There are currently no out of the box tools to do this within NPrinting at the moment other that what is available in this article:  https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000032251

3. If moving individual reports between environments, us the tip suggested by Jacek

Jacek 
 Contributor

Re: Duplicate environment Nprinting 17

Hi, please follow: Help Qlik: Moving reports between environments

Good practice is using Excel with users list, filters and using NPrinting IMPORT process for that: Help Qlik: Importing users

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All comments above give you the right answer. One thing people often miss and i want to highlight is that when you migrate repository it needs to be migrated to exactly the same version and SR of mirror environment.

This is mentioned in links provided, but from my experience this is also the most repeated mistake.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sylvain_piccarreta
Author

Many thanks