Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.
I have a requirement where I have to create a month wise customer wise YTD Sales where the month will be in column.
Its easy to do that in Qlik Sense Pivot table by putting month in column section however the pivot table does not show up in add table object section in NPrinting Designer.
Any ideas ?
I am using NPrinting April 2018 version connected to Qlik Sense Nov 2017.
There are 2 options:
1. You go through the hassle and create a straight table with set analysis for each month
2. You can upgrade your NPrinting to version June 2018 - this supports pivot table in tables
1. I am ready to go through hassle but how do I remove columns that are beyond current month ?
2. Just the designer or engine as well ?
Thank you for your response.
1. NPrinitng is building reports based on template. So you cannot simply remove a column and think that once new data comes this column will automatically appear.
The workaround is to create 12 columns and have conditional column labels which will convert to an empty string ('') if there is no data. In your Excel template you will need to have placeholder for all 12 months. Based on condition they will/will not produce value.
2. If you upgrade NPriniting (based on help.qlik.com) you need to have all 3 components (Server, Engine and Designer) to the same version.
Something to consider: if you use your straight table in your NPrinting report template as a single tag as opposed to one tag for each column/field, your report should render with whatever columns are currently in your source table as long as you either restart the NPrinting Engine service(s) or reload the Connection metadata before the Publish Task containing the report is run. You can trigger metadata reloads on a schedule.
HTH - Daniel.
What Daniel meant is that you can have those conditions in Qlik Sense. Since June version you can hide& show columns in Qlik Sense table based on conditions....
Then you can use a tag of a full table in NPrinting..
I am now on April 2018 version. When you say it supports pivot table does it mean the merged cells will be shown as it is and not be duplicated ? It was not really clear from the documentation .
I am not sure from the memory - will have to test it and get back to you.