Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breukelaarj
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dynamic use of Nrpinting on Demand

Hello group,

I have created a dashboard with lots of tables. The dashboard contains data of around 40 of my customers. With loop and reduce via Publisher 40 reports are generated and the customers use their own physical dashboards. Some customers have a lot of data. The export to excel exceeds 65K rows and thus a CSV is created. This causes a lot of problem as linefeeds for example are screwing the csv. Mind you they use the AJAX client.

So Nprinting on demand seems like the solution to me. But I run into a problem with the value for connection.

I created a report with the designer. As all loop and reduce dashboard contain the same objects I picked the table I want to export, but I had to do this via a selection of one of the connections. I created connections to all dashboards by the way. Then in my dashboard for the reporting extension I use a function for the connection id to fetch the name of the organization. It corresponds to the connections I created. The export works this way for the organization I used to create the report, but not for others.

Is there a way to have 1 reports in designer that is applied to a connection based on the dashboard the user is using?

I tried adding all connections to the report, and it will execute for other organizations, but as the tabel was selection from one organization that report is shown instead of with the data of the executing organization.

I also thought of applying the report from he master file (all customer data) and the current selections will take care of the rest showing the filtered data. But as that file is 900Mb and will take up around 8gb of ram I am worried if 3 users execute a report that it will open QV in the background 3 times with that amount of memory. Or would it just open 1 and if the reports is specified as not close the connection that it will stay open for various requests against it?

Hope to get some insights. I would hate to create per organization reports for those with bigger data sets.

Also does the reporting queue show the reports created from that dashboard or all reports created from various dashboards/ nrprinting project file?

Kind regards

Johan Breukelaar

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

HI Johan,

For the following question, if your Qlik QVW is a server connection to the QVW on Qlik Server, its just one app in memory leveraged like a database.  Functionally, the account running the NPrinting service (windows control panel) is the actual QlikView user attaching to this QVW on the QV Server, applying filters , returning data, populating the Npritning report template, and putting it in the queue, or if you want,sending it to folder or user's email address.  You won't get 3x RAM .

"I also thought of applying the report from he master file (all customer data) and the current selections will take care of the rest showing the filtered data. But as that file is 900Mb and will take up around 8gb of ram I am worried if 3 users execute a report that it will open QV in the background 3 times with that amount of memory. Or would it just open 1 and if the reports is specified as not close the connection that it will stay open for various requests against it?"