cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Editable Microsoft application exports in Qlikview Nprinting

Hi,

We have a requirement to export our report to all Microsoft office  applications. Once the report is exported into an excel, ppt or word, we need to edit each components of the every chart, the chart labels ,axis names and colors of the bars/scheme,headers etc. Please let us know if this is feasible and the steps for the same. We are new to Nprinting. Thanks in advance. ! !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

OK. so this is little bit more complex question, but to be frank answers are on official help website: like this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelCharts/Create...

Power Point native chart generation includes this small step where you define "supporting table" for your chart and once defined you then format your chart look and feel. Note, that power point template doe not support pivot charts which makes it tricky to use with stacked bar charts

Lets get to Excel - here case is simpler. Since you are working with spreadsheet first you need to export your data to excel as a table and then from this exported data create a chart. You have full freedom to use regular as well as pivot charts, and format them as much as you can in excel. Have a look at this topic (please ignore Level part in it as it is not necessary. How to Create MS Excel Charts from Qlikview Data

In Word template - i don't think you can create native "excel" charts there, instead you could export chart images straight from QlikView.

go to this page and investigate more:

Value Added Products Resource Library

there is many valuable tutorials regarding what is possible with NPrinting. Note that most of those tutorials were created with NPrinting 16 version. I mensioning this since there are some small differences in features.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. Since you are new to NPrinitng you better get in touch with your local Qlik branch or partner and request an NPrinitng demo or webinar from them.
  2. You can also go to Qlik Youtube channel and filter and watch NPrinting topics Qlik Help - YouTube‌ This will give you high level understanding what NPrinting is and how you can use it.
  3. The next step would be to go to https://help.qlik.com/ and have a read what NPrinting is about and what would you need to get started
  4. Last - you can request trial license from your local qlik branch or partner and install software and get your hands dirty with the tool

As your question is to generic i can't really answer it better. I think NPrinting at the end should meet your requirements

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for replying. Adding Qlik charts as tables in powerpoint template, I was able to edit the colors in the export and also the headers. I am not able to do the same in other templates. Please help us understand if this is achievable with other templates of microsoft.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is achievable!

If you want to discuss particular example please provide more details as maybe you are referring to some specific requirements.

Note that macro scripts are excluded from NPrinting office templates!.

kind regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lets say we have a simple bar chart in Qlikview. I connect Nprinting to Qlikview and add this chart as a table in a PPT template. I am able to edit the color scheme and the heading of the chart after I export it as a PPT file.I am not able to export the same chart in an excel or word when add this chart as a table in the template for word or excel.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

OK. so this is little bit more complex question, but to be frank answers are on official help website: like this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelCharts/Create...

Power Point native chart generation includes this small step where you define "supporting table" for your chart and once defined you then format your chart look and feel. Note, that power point template doe not support pivot charts which makes it tricky to use with stacked bar charts

Lets get to Excel - here case is simpler. Since you are working with spreadsheet first you need to export your data to excel as a table and then from this exported data create a chart. You have full freedom to use regular as well as pivot charts, and format them as much as you can in excel. Have a look at this topic (please ignore Level part in it as it is not necessary. How to Create MS Excel Charts from Qlikview Data

In Word template - i don't think you can create native "excel" charts there, instead you could export chart images straight from QlikView.

go to this page and investigate more:

Value Added Products Resource Library

there is many valuable tutorials regarding what is possible with NPrinting. Note that most of those tutorials were created with NPrinting 16 version. I mensioning this since there are some small differences in features.

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much. I was able to generate the same output as the ppt in excel as well. But not in word as stated by you.