cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpressey
Creator
Creator

Email Message with Embedded Html Report

I'm on NPrinting 17.6 and I have watched the qliktech video about embedding a html report in the body of an email. In the video, there is a Reports icon that displays to the right of the Tags icon. I do not have the Reports icon. Do I need change a setting for this to appear? A screenshot is attached.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes they would.

However I checked and the release notes for the version of NPrinting you are running (as per your original description of this discussion) as NPrinting 17.6 Nov. 2017 release. This version supports the feature you are looking for. See attached RN's for more information and the link below to ensure you are following the correct steps to expose the relevant tags:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Distribut...

If you are actually running an earlier version prior to NP 17.6 Nov. 2017, you would need to upgrade to gain access to this feature.

I would highly recommend April 2019 release to leverage all bug fixes, performance enhancements and feature additions.

Release notes are not cumulative however. So you would need to review each release notes for each product to view each set of Product point version fixes and enhancements.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, I watched the video again and I realized there is no tag icon at all.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

17.6 is a very old version that laks of a lot of new features. Videos are based on latest versions so it could be that a feature that you see in a video is not available in your installed version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

We are on Qlikview November 2017 SR6 Version 12.2.20700.0. Now is not a good time to update Qlikview, but we could probably update NPrinting. To what version of Nprinting could we go to and still remain compatible with the current Qlikview? 

Frank_S
Support
Support

The latest most up to date requirements are published with each major release of NPrinting. 

Here is the latest link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requir...

It looks like you are good to go.

hth...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Would the release notes tell me which version fixed the email embedded html issue? Our IT support is somewhat hesitant to update to the most recent version.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes they would.

However I checked and the release notes for the version of NPrinting you are running (as per your original description of this discussion) as NPrinting 17.6 Nov. 2017 release. This version supports the feature you are looking for. See attached RN's for more information and the link below to ensure you are following the correct steps to expose the relevant tags:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Distribut...

If you are actually running an earlier version prior to NP 17.6 Nov. 2017, you would need to upgrade to gain access to this feature.

I would highly recommend April 2019 release to leverage all bug fixes, performance enhancements and feature additions.

Release notes are not cumulative however. So you would need to review each release notes for each product to view each set of Product point version fixes and enhancements.

Kind regards...

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

It looks like the web interface is Qlik NPrinting June 2017 version 17.4.0000.0 and the designer is 17.6.0.0. Could this be a problem?

Frank_S
Support
Support

First,

Please note that it is actually necessary to ensure all NPrinting installation components match. Mismatching components may and will cause unexpected reporting and report distribution behavior.

Next...the NP designer is solely responsible for designing reports within the NP 17+ platform. The process of 'embedding' report distribution, access to reports, user management, is performed on the NPrinting server web console . Embedding is done specifically via the publish task process (the steps are described in the link mentioned previously).

So you do in fact need to upgrade in order to access the embedding feature.  

The information provided above should be sufficient to support your request for an upgrade.

For upgrade information, please see the following link.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000050323

Best...

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much. I'll ask our IT support to update the web console and let you know the results.