Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CB308
Contributor III
Contributor III

Email To Field Variable Issue - Sending email to multiple users based on Section Access

I have a report using Section Access.

When creating a task if I enter each user individually under Users/groups the email is sent as expected to each individual showing their own information.

However, my users will exceed 1,000 and I do not want to enter them manually.

I created a Qlik variable in my app.  When I use this variable in my "to" field, i.e. vMail1

the email is generated however the email is not sent to desired recipients.  In the task execution log, it shows three lines

The user xxxxxxx is disabled.  Reports will not be generated

However when I added my email to the cc, the report was sent to my email.

How do I enable the users, or what is a better way to add each user to the User/Groups without having to add each one individually.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

User filters can be used 'in place of' section access.
This would mean creating a separate reported QVW or QVF, removing section access from the copy and use the copy for reporting purposes.

Now if you are using the import file and you have no email sent it could mean that you didn't add a NPrinting security role (not NPrinting group) to that user record.You need to add at least the 'user' role to a user and ensure that the user is enabled ie: TRUE or YES

As an aside, you have the ability to add/manage NPrinting groups, insert, assign and manage users, user filters on individual recipients. Note that a recipient/user can be a person place or thing. For example if you want to send reports to the london office. Just create/add a user and create a filter on that user using the recipient import file.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello CB308

If your individual users are disabled, then they must be manually enabled in the NPrinting web console>Admin>Users. Find each user and click the 'enable' check box.

If you want to manage thousands of users you may use the recipient import process.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-create-an-NPrinting-recipient-import-task-to-imp...

The import process involves the ability to leverage assigning user filters to each NP user which is the preferred method over section access since section access is much slower due to having to authenticate 'each' user and produce as separate report for 'each' section access user. NPrinting user filters are much faster method than section access and will export the right data for the expected recipient user.

Kind regards....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As Frank said:

1. Use Excel to import and allocateusers to groups and filters
  2. In Publish task use a group as a Recipient
  3. Once this is done you can choose if you want to still use variable or User Email in Mail task section

All that is well described in link Frnak provided and all links related under the video he gave you link to - like: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@CB308

Do you have any further questions or can we put you in touch with your Qlik account manager to discuss further options for implementing your requirement?

Otherwise the information provided should be sufficient to enable you to proceed as needed.

Kind regards...

CB308
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you for the responses.  

So if the app has Section Access applied, you are recommending to use excel to import and allocate groups and filters?

I just tested running my email report for one individual, and under task execution I am receiving the following:

The user f388c73d-843e9-4e10-ab59-48c4e24b81ca listed in task 7591ebf4-0992-4590-b46f-e4834-e4834e741255 does not have permission to view one or more reports attached to this task.  No email will be sent.

Wouldn't this still happen even if i imported the users and created groups/filters?

Frank_S
Support
Support

User filters can be used 'in place of' section access.
This would mean creating a separate reported QVW or QVF, removing section access from the copy and use the copy for reporting purposes.

Now if you are using the import file and you have no email sent it could mean that you didn't add a NPrinting security role (not NPrinting group) to that user record.You need to add at least the 'user' role to a user and ensure that the user is enabled ie: TRUE or YES

As an aside, you have the ability to add/manage NPrinting groups, insert, assign and manage users, user filters on individual recipients. Note that a recipient/user can be a person place or thing. For example if you want to send reports to the london office. Just create/add a user and create a filter on that user using the recipient import file.