Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craggus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Emailing report with multiple recipients / filters

Afternoon,

I have a Sales application in Qlik, which (amongst other things) provides each sales rep visibility of their own customers together with turnover YTD - this is currently controlled using Section Access.

I have created a report in NPrinting that I wish to email to some selected reps (i.e. not all of them), and want to schedule this to email directly to them, but only containing their relevant customers. At the moment, the only way I have been able to do this is to create one report but then multiple tasks (one for each sales rep) with a different filter applied to each (Task 1 for salesman A has filter A applied so they only see their relevant data, Task 2 for salesman B has filter B applied so they only see their relevant data etc.)

Is there an easier way to achieve this, that would only result in one report and one task (which would send a copy of the report to the relevant sales people, but only containing their customers data) ? I'm guessing I can do something with Section Access, or filters at user level, or cycle enabling maybe.... I just quite work out what.

Many Thanks

Craig

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I think you can achieve your objective using recipient filters.

There are two ways to configure these:

1. Create your filter and add them to each NP individual user as a 'user' filter. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filt...

2. You can also use the recipient import process to do this as well rather than doing it one by on in the NP web console interface.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-...

Not sure if this helps or not but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Craig, I have just done a similar development and would warn you to be very careful when using the User import function as it is easy to use but also easy to cause "issues" if you're not careful.
always run the test first
craggus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to both of you for your replies - I've not really used the user filters previously, so will look into them further.

I managed (I think) to get the required sales reports generating by adding Section Access to the NP connection - the multiple recipients of the report receive separate versions of the same report, each containing only data they are authorised to see via the section access (I say 'I think' because I haven't fully tested it yet)

Thanks again....

Craig