cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails to external accounts fails in Npriniting June 2018

Hello everyone,

Looking for guidance from the NPrinting users .

We recently upgraded to June 2018 and have been facing this weird issue of emails not being able to sent to an external account like( Gmail,yahoo etc). I keep getting a message unable to relay error when i send to external environment.

Also could anyone let me know what Username/PWD should be given in the email settings of NPrinting. I gave my service account which has a mailbox as the username but then it didn't allow any custom user to send emails.

email setting.PNG

From the log, I get the below error messages when I try to send emails to external domain,

Failed to send e-mail message to abc@gmail.com.

ERROR: MailKit.Security.AuthenticationException: AuthenticationInvalidCredentials: 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful↓↓  

at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, ICredentials credentials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓

at MailKit.MailService.Authenticate(String userName, String password, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓

at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.MailService.<SendEmailAsync>d__6.MoveNext() in c:\Jws\release-v18.19.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\MailService.cs:line 93

Thanks in advance and really appreciate all the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is not a NPrinitng issue. Talk to SMTP server admin in your company. He/She needs to provide you with all required fields and possibly allow your account to sent emails as service. Also notice that if you will setup your account as a nprinting sending email it will possibly land on the spam list since it will be producing in very short period a lot of mail. Nowadays system are recognizing this behaviour so your email should also  be whitelisted in SMTP.

Again - this is purely SMTP server problem and is narrowed down to settings used in your company.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The log says "Authentication unsuccessful" and the Username and Password are empty. You must enter there the credentials of the user you created in your SMTP server. After the SMTP server will accept connections from that user and will start to send email.

Please check also the anti-spam configuration of the SMTP server with its administrator otherwise you risk that Qlik NPrinting starts to send email but stopped after a bit due to the SMTP anti-spam rules.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for the response.

However I have few questions here.

As mentioned , In the email settings -"You must enter there the credentials of the user you created in your SMTP server."

- Is there a separate email ID that needs to be created. I basically requested my service accounts to have a mailbox attached to it and I intend to use the same in the email settings,

When I enter the Username/PWD in email setting of Nprinting, I see that my custom user option doesn't work and it throws the below error.

Failed to send e-mail for bucket 5fc384cf-f564-47b1-891c-22be00fda1b2 to abc.com. ERROR: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender.

And in this case, I am not even able to send emails to internal accounts as well.

Any insights would be helpful

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is not a NPrinitng issue. Talk to SMTP server admin in your company. He/She needs to provide you with all required fields and possibly allow your account to sent emails as service. Also notice that if you will setup your account as a nprinting sending email it will possibly land on the spam list since it will be producing in very short period a lot of mail. Nowadays system are recognizing this behaviour so your email should also  be whitelisted in SMTP.

Again - this is purely SMTP server problem and is narrowed down to settings used in your company.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I agree.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks rpc‌ and lech_miszkiewicz‌ for your guidance. Very helpful.