Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Engine offline - "RabbitMq bus is not connected - trying listener registration again in 10 seconds"

Hi Guys

I have installed nPrinting on a seperate virtual machine. Everything looked right with regards to ports, installation steps and orders. I am using the April 2019 install files.

Once I added the engine I noticed it wasn't starting after the +-10 minutes.

I consulted the logs and from other posts saw that I should stop services in the correct order except repo, start messanger services and consult the logs. What I saw was a consistent error of:

"RabbitMq bus is not connected - trying listener registration again in 10 seconds"

I noticed there was another post that was closest online where I tried the steps of deleting a folder I could find in the log. Also tried general steps of restarting the servers but with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems as I will need to resolve this before making any other progress on NPrinting including importing apps or designing templates.

https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000073759 This was the closest to my problem I am experiencing but it unofrtunately did not resolve my issue. Before requesting a format of the virtual machine I just want to check if I can't resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

James

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

If anyone else sees this post. I followed the attachment carefully and all working now.

Where I think I went wrong was the:

Enter server IP address, I am sure at first I put the Qlik Servers one instead of reading carefully and seeing that it was asking for the nPrinting engine/server location. So the NPRINTING one.

Also I don't think I did the certificate steps correctly as this time around I didn't get it highlighted as an issue later on in the process.

Uninstall everything (in the correct order) and try again with the attached advice. Hopefully you also see the engine come online afterwards.

James

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

If anyone else sees this post. I followed the attachment carefully and all working now.

Where I think I went wrong was the:

Enter server IP address, I am sure at first I put the Qlik Servers one instead of reading carefully and seeing that it was asking for the nPrinting engine/server location. So the NPRINTING one.

Also I don't think I did the certificate steps correctly as this time around I didn't get it highlighted as an issue later on in the process.

Uninstall everything (in the correct order) and try again with the attached advice. Hopefully you also see the engine come online afterwards.

James