Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error: An error occurred while elaborating the entity tags.

Hi I'm migrating a pixel perfect report from NP16 to NP18 Jun 2019.

After importing the report, I keep adding the object from the Qlikview source and the preview works properly as soon as I don't use Levels.

As I try to import an object as Level and I bind a field to the report the preview fails giving this error

"An error occurred while elaborating the entity tags.
Please check if the entities are properly placed inside their level tags"

NPDesigner and Server are both 19.19.4.0

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Which topics have you already checked on community regarding this issue... there is few and all with different solutions... for example..

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/nprinting-nov-2018-entity-tags-error/td-p/1...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is a generic error message that doesn't let us to understand the origin of the error so it is impossible to give suggestions about how to solve. 

I suggest to upgrade to September 2019 that improves the error messages by giving more specific and helpful ones. 

You could also check the log files.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I followed your suggestion and I've upgraded the system to September 2019 and now the message is 

"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object "

Just to recap, I've a template coming from NP16, I've imported all the Qlikview objects that are not in Levels and the preview is working.

If I import an object in Levels the preview gives the error above

Any more suggestions?

I've checked other posts on similar issue without finding any solution

Shall I open a ticket?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

error message

Please check if the entities are properly placed inside their level tags

so it looks like you are mixing level and datas.

Can you make a screenshot of your designer layout?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems that the object used in the template is not available in the connected QlikView document. Open that QVW in QlikView Desktop and check that the used object is present. Than refresh the connection cache, close and re-open the Qlik NPrinting Designer (the cache is readed on opening) and try to add the object again.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero I tried also this with same result.

I'm going to open a ticket

Thanks anyway

Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Martinpohl

Let me share an example.

In the template I've a table with data coming from 3 different Qlikview straight tables.

In NP Sept 19, I've imported the report from NP16, I've "fixed" all the object not binded to a Level and the preview works.

As I import CH01 (G_PIN1), some of its fields are automatically binded to their original spot other needs to be binded manually.

I run the preview and I get the error

In the attached picture you can see the 3 straight tables, and the NP template.

Red arrow is from G_PIN1

Green is from G_PIN1_2riga

Blue is from G_PIN2

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is something strange in how you built the template. You told that you create a single PixelPerfect table with data from 3 QlikView straight tables. In the attached screenshot I see only one QlikView straight table in the Levels node CH01. Where are the other two?

Note that the Tables node in PixelPerfect is used only as data source for native charts. To create tables you must use the Levels. So if you have 3 source tables you can only nest one in the other as levels, you cannot place them side-by-side. Or you have to create a single QlikView object and use it in the Levels.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero

In order to complete the migration, I will have to import all the required levels as objects, a lot of them.

But the error comes already on the first level, after importing and binding the straight table.

Before importing a QV chart as NP Level (CH01), the preview works. After importing and binding the first or the second or the third objects used in that area of the report, I get that error.

Do you mean that if I start importing objects as levels, I have to complete all of them otherwise the preview will not work anymore?

So if the original report has for instance 10  NP tables, the preview works until no object has been imported as Level and only after all the objects required to complete the migration have been imported and bonded? In the middle of the activity, I can't use the preview?

Sorry I'm a bit confused