cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Cache NPrinting

Hello everyone!

I installed Nprinting 17.2, but I have a problem.

My connection to the server is failed. I have this message :

Connection : Ok

Error : Request has been purged due to connection errors

I don't have any section access, I installed QV desktop on the same server.

Some suggestions?

Thank you

Katia

24 Replies
erjohnso
Creator
Creator

Given you have QlikView and Nprinting running on the same server, do you have separate service accounts running the services for QV and NP?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview and Nprinting run on  a differente machine.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That should work just fine. As for the accounts, see here (if you haven't already):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.2/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-qlikview-nprintin...

Specially the sections about NPrinting administrator.

However, what I see you have already done is testing that:

• The user for NPrinting services can RDP, open the QVW locally and use QVP:// from QlikView Desktop to open the QVW file just fine
  • The user for NPrinting services has NTFS access to the folder: can open the folder in Windows share and can open and modify the QVW file (like saving it)
  • The user for NPrinting services has a manually assigned license lease in the QMC so it can open any document at any time
  • The QlikView server is a single server, not a QlikView cluster

If all the above are true, just contact directly with Qlik Support (if you haven't already) and keep us posted

erjohnso
Creator
Creator

Running on a different machine is certainly fine, but even still the services need to have different service account names.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Just for information, I called the support Qlik. The connection doesn't work due to a problem with  Nprinting 17.2.

The bug will been fix on the version 17.2.2.

Thank you for your help

Katia