Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object NPrinting 17.3

Hi,

I have an app and a connection in NPrinting 17.3 to a dashboard in Qlik Sense 3.2.4 which were working fine for few days. Today it started throwing the error "Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I had changed the name of the app, but I changed it back to its original name when this error appeared.

The Scheduler log says:

Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 17.3.0.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer 20170810T141429.671-04:00 ERROR (servername)0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 An exception was throw while calculating buffer max size for connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://(servername)/;appid=da6be9bd-3dec-4e4d-b9cc-6ad6584f86f1;identity=(userid). The given key was not present in the dictionary. ↵↓=============↵↓      _printStack↵↓      Error↵↓      CalculateRequestBufferMaxSize↵↓      <TriggerLoadBalancing>b__22↵↓      <WithSession>b__6↵↓      WithSession↵↓      WithSession↵↓   

The Event Log says:

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 1.0.0.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1[[Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest, Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages, Version=2.4.1.27887, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0f12475411058ae5]] 20170810T141435.162-04:00 ERROR SAE1DQLKSNP1  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ERROR : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. STACK :    at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Extensions.SdkExtensionMethods.ToEntities(IVisualizationBase sheetObject, SenseApp app, Boolean onlyFilterable)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Extensions.SdkExtensionMethods.<ToEntitiesWithColumnSettings>d__48.MoveNext()↵↓   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)↵↓   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.QlikSenseMetadataRequestResolver.GenerateCache(SenseApp senseApp, QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest request)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.QlikSenseMetadataRequestResolver.Resolve(SenseApp senseApp, QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest request)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseContentRequestResolver`1.Resolve(SenseApp doc, TRequest request, IQixClassBase senseObject)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1.Resolve(SenseApp doc, IContentRequest request, IQixClassBase senseObject) in CONNECTIONSTRING : navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://(servername)/;appid=da6be9bd-3dec-4e4d-b9cc-6ad6584f86f1;identity=(userid)

I have tested the app and it does come up in a separate browser.

Re-creating the app is not an option for me because I have 2,500 filters where I had to manually give them a unique sub folder name.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Deepti

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlik R&D team came back with a solution. It looks like I had objects in the app that didn't have valid dimensions and measures such as these. After deleting these objects, NPrinting was able to generate the cache successfully.Sheet Added below Measures into master items, please check the master items.png

Thanks,

Deepti

View solution in original post

5 Replies
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I changed the Connection to add any other Qlik Sense app by updating the Sense ID and it works. It doesn't work ONLY for one app. This apps is NOT corrupted and was working a few days back. I even duplicated this app and tried to create a connection for the duplicated app as well but in vain.

I even created an app with out any sheets and objects and the metadata is generated even for this app.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I believe there is issue with object names

may be  the object name might change in the designer tag,Please recheck the names  and  left side pane ,

tables-->rightclik-->update ---if  any columns are updated retag the column into designer and it will work.

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Chanty,

I didn't even reach the step where I can see object names in NPrinting designer. I am getting this error in the metadata generation step.

The metadata was last reloaded 2 weeks back and since then I have ONLY added few columns to the an object in the dashboard. I even tried deleting the whole object to which I made changes and generating metadata but encounter the same error.

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I opened a case with Qlik and they tested the app in both 17.4 and 17.5 and it doesn't work in either. They say that this big might be fixed the version after 17.5 and in the mean time I need to re do my work.

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlik R&D team came back with a solution. It looks like I had objects in the app that didn't have valid dimensions and measures such as these. After deleting these objects, NPrinting was able to generate the cache successfully.Sheet Added below Measures into master items, please check the master items.png

Thanks,

Deepti