cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error: The same worksheet name already exists

I'm converting NP16 reports to the new NPrinting. Now I get a problem with a page in an Excel template.
The error: The same worksheet name already exists. I know where it comes from: The page field with the worksheet name text getting cut when longer than 31 characters. Also on a different dimensionvalue that is the same but has different upper and lower characters.

I don't get the error in NP16. It creates worksheets with the dimensionvalue name that ends with 1 and 2 and so on. But in NP17+ this doesnt work. 

Is there a setting that does this or is it just not possible in NP17+

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on my researches 31 characters in the worksheet names is an hardcoded limit of Excel. QlikView NPrinting 16 had a feature to rename them that is not available in Qlik NPrinting 17+. 

I suggest you to use a field with different values with a maximum length of 31 characters to be sure to met Excel requirements.

You can also open a support ticket with a link to this conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on my researches 31 characters in the worksheet names is an hardcoded limit of Excel. QlikView NPrinting 16 had a feature to rename them that is not available in Qlik NPrinting 17+. 

I suggest you to use a field with different values with a maximum length of 31 characters to be sure to met Excel requirements.

You can also open a support ticket with a link to this conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply. To bad it's not in NP17+. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I understand you. To have it in NP17+ you can open a supportt ticket and/or add a new feature requirements in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Labels-page/bd-p/Category_Labels?categoryId=qlik-ideas&corenode=boards...

Please also note that with that feature you lost control and lost information in the generated report that could become harder to be understand by the recipients. For example you will have different worksheets with the same names and only the final number as difference instead of having a meaningful name.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero