Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

Error connection: The specified identity can open the document

Hi Guys,

Could you please, help me? I am trying to connect by qvp Server on Nprinting, I would like to connect without putting my qvw file in File >  Open File > File.qvw

I have a new folder where is the File.qvw:

- Does not exist section access;

- The user from Nprinting server has authorization in File.qvw in QMC

- I can open the File.qvw in Nprinting server by IP and the folder path

ErrorConnection.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

If the cache is generated it is ok. You will be able to use the connection in your templates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

maybe this helps:

- Open the folder where the QlikView document is saved and right click on it.
- Choose Properties.
- Choose Security in the ribbon bar in the window that opens.
- Click on Edit and add the NPrinting Engine service user to "Group or user names".
- Give the NPrinting User full control.

Regards

jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

First of all, thank you for your answer

The NPrinting Service user has access on the folder, Administrators group.

Albert_Candelario

Hi,

Did you check the NPrinting logs ? Any error there?

BR!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

This is the error log nprinting_webengine

Error receiving Diagnostic Responses from engines. ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ConnectionStringDiagnoserService.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<.ctor>b__1(ISession session) in C:\Jws\release-19.0.x-C34Yz7Xrg\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\ConnectionStringDiagnoserService.cs:line 50↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<WithSession>b__0(ISession s) in C:\Jws\release-19.0.x-C34Yz7Xrg\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\SessionManager.cs:line 48↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager.WithSession[T](Func`2 body, IsolationLevel isolationLevel, Boolean readOnly) in C:\Jws\release-19.0.x-C34Yz7Xrg\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\SessionManager.cs:line 76↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ConnectionStringDiagnoserService.<.ctor>

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! Access to the folder might not be enough, are you sure that it's full control? https://support.qlik.com/articles/000045680

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

As an alternative, you can try and add the credentials of a different user that is able to access the document via the Access Point by checking "Connection requires authentication"

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, the user has Administrators grant I saw in folder properties.

Is very very strange, because when I click in Run verification I have the error, but if I reload metadata manually its OK, and I can Edit and send a report, this is very strange right?

Why run verification I have an error, but I can reload metadata and I can edit and send a report?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1. log into the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer
  2. run QlikView Desktop with the same Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service (sift+right click and select Run as a different user)
  3. open the .qvw that is creating issues directly in QlikView Desktop. It must work without issues. 

You must solve the issues in opening the .qvw from QlikView Desktop and after also Qlik NPrinting will work.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

1) I am logged in the NPrinting server with the same service user account

2) I  can open the qvw (File > Open > I putting my IP and path of qvw)

3) Reload metadata OK run verification ERROR

reloadmetadata.pnghourerror.png