cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Error on preview in excel on NP 17.3

Anyone come across this kind of error before?

It was working fine then suddenly started throwing this error not sure whats happened.

Regards

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

In the end I recreated the report from scratch.

Im constantly refining my design and the charts im brining into the NPrinting App so im reloading the connection and when I get the Content Node error im deleting and recrrating the Connection from scratch to sort whatever issue NPrinting seems to be having.  Its a very fustrating process as I feel I might lose my work at any time and have to start again.

Im on 17.3 so I thought the caching of the Metadata issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can remove remain open files from browser

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Sorry I dont understand.

Im in the designer and clicking on preview to generate the Excel file.

What do I need to do?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am saying, Close all report files and then recreate with the same(First you can do to re open) and then look and see. Because, you are saying earlier it use to work.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I'd already tried the obvious stuff like closing down and starting up again.

Was not an error i've come across before so was hoping for a litttle more insight into it.

I had a wrong content node error earlier in the day and found I had to recreate the connection from scratch.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looks like connection to source is not working or is used.

Did you change your Qlik document? Added-removed charts, objects, fields, filters?

Did you reboot a server?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

In the end I recreated the report from scratch.

Im constantly refining my design and the charts im brining into the NPrinting App so im reloading the connection and when I get the Content Node error im deleting and recrrating the Connection from scratch to sort whatever issue NPrinting seems to be having.  Its a very fustrating process as I feel I might lose my work at any time and have to start again.

Im on 17.3 so I thought the caching of the Metadata issue was resolved.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andy.

I know it is frustrating. I am with you on this.

I learned my lesson on my skin, and now i am better of planning in advance all options in my report so i can keep to minimum changes in existing objects.

it is not an issue with cached metadata i think - I would say it is removed entity from your Qlik document which (entity) was used in your NPrinting template.

good luck

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

As we know report writing like much development is an iterative process so having it all defined up front isn't necessarily practical.

I've take to creating simpler reports i.e. just adding the table not the columns for the time being until things are firmed up.

If the error messages were more helpful I would work my way through but some of them are so ambiguous.