Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsmith
Contributor
Contributor

Excel Reports in nPrinting

Hi

I have created a report in nPrinting with filters. It works fine until the spreadsheet has more than 200 lines.  what could be the problem?

thanks 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
PrashantSangle

What is error you are getting? Can explain little bit more.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
nsmith
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi i have one report that lists all reservations for the day.  In nPrinting i have created multiple  Published Tasks, with filters for each of our hotels.

The report is emailed every morning.  And works perfectly.  Expect for one hotel, i have tried several ideas, but it seems that the report is blank for a hotel with more than 200 reservations / lines.

I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of lines.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @nsmith 

Excel reports are only limited by excel capabilities so there is not limit on number of records - definitely not on 200.

Obviously we are not there with you so without seeing what you do it is hard to say what you are doing wrong.

It may be that you are applying wrong filter, or combination of filters or maybe there are user filters which are coming to play. Usually those kind of things are logged in task execution tab as warnings. Do you see anything there?

Or maybe in Qlik Sense you have a some sort of condition set (like calculation condition or similar which does not return records if you have exceeded certain number of records.). Does the object used to fetch data from Qlik Sense work directly in Qlik Sense for this hotel?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
PrashantSangle

Hi @nsmith ,

I agree @Lech_Miszkiewicz , there is no limitation in excel for data (excel can hold data upto 1048576 rows).

For debugging purpose, you can open your dashboard and apply the same filter for which you are not getting value, check in dashboard if you have data for that filter or not.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂