Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Excel Template - formatting

hi guys

I have created an Nprinting report - Excel. In this report I have created a pivot, which works fine, except for the fact that I'm battling to get the column width a fixed number. I have tried 

1. Selecting the range of cells I want to format, right click and then "Set Column width''' to 10

2. Right click on the pivot, again, Pivot Table Options, on the Layout and format tab , UNTICK "Autofit Column Width on Update" and Ticked "Preserve cell formatting on update". 

Still everytime I run the report these Pivot's lose their formatting and look really cr@p. I include an image of what the output looks like and how it looks within NPrinting, where I have formatted it.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Few things:

- Nprinting 17.2 is long out of support. It will be hard to test anything and reflect how it should work on your version. I suggest to upgrade!

- In your template on this page you have other objects as well. If they have “keep source format” ticked they could effect column with and not your pivot table. 

other than that. I will try to replicate it in my environment and we will see how it goes. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Lech,

thank you for your reply. Sorry - my mistake, we're on April 2019 version of Nprinting. My bad.

I will have a look and see if any of the other objects have a 'Keep Format' option, thank you.

Much appreciated.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,
I have spent some time testing it and i could not replicate your issue. If I were you I would start by puttting only 1 pivot table on the sheet with the settings you have said. Run report and check results.
In my opinion there are some other objects on the sheet which cause the problem with column width.

regards
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.