Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel conditional formatting lost when using nprinting 17 levels

Am generating an excel file using nprinting 17. I conditionally format a couple of cells, within in a table(that i created using columns from a qliksense object in the excel template) such that if the value in one cell is greater than the other cell, its shaded green or else red. It was working fine.

The moment i introduced a level and then wrapped it around the previously created table - the level functionality was working fine as it was spanning out tables in the same worksheet for the various values of the level that I added. However, the conditional formatting was totally last. I can no longer see the cells shaded as per the conditional formatting rule that I set up earlier.

Is this a known issue or am i missing something here ? Help.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this approach works only for 1 table. In my case, i have a level across which the table gets repeated.

I did something like this

=INDIRECT("Table1[@[Avg. Team Score]]")<INDIRECT("Table1[@[Avg. Comparison Group Score]]")

When the table gets repeated for each level and across each page(since i have a page too), the table name changes to Table2, Table3 etc.. so the above conditional formula is not relevant. Its shading the cells in the successive tables based on the Table1.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi rpc

I applied conditional formatting and prepared the template with levels just like your example as below

Capture1.JPG

and applied conditional format rules in D12 and D13 cells as below

Capture2.JPG

and I still lose the formatting-output comes as below.

Capture3.JPG

am I missing something here ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to apply the Excel conditional formatting ruled to both cells D12 and D13 and, as you correctly did, add the <deleterow> in the row number 13.

Applying the Excel formatting rules to two rows is mandatory because it indicates to Qlik NPrinting that the rules must be copied to all added rows during the report production.

If you add the formatting rules only to only row (for example the cell D12) you will find that rules only on the cell D12 of the generated reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi rpc

I did do that. I selected D12 cell and applied the D12 conditinoal formatting and then selected D13 and applied the D13 conditional formatting that you're seeing.

and yes I specified <deleterow> in the beginning of row 13. Am a bit confused as to what am missing still.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What version of NPrinting are you using? I tested in November 2017 that resolves a bug exactly on this point

From November Release Notes:

Conditional formatting rules would not expanded correctly in Excel reports

Conditional formatting rules would not expand correctly in Excel reports. If you applied a level, conditional formatting would not be applied properly to the correct cells.

So update to November and this should resolve.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think that's it ! Am on 17.3.1 !

Thanks a ton !

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You are welcome 🙂

Best Regards,
Ruggero