Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

Excel formulas Nprinting - Excel Developer tool

Hi guys

-I need to enable the excel developer tool. In Excel, it is necessary to activate in the file> Options> Customize ribbon> Main tabs> Developer, where can I activate NPrinting?

-When I try to create an Excel formula from a TB10 column, an error appears, but when I did it in Excel, I was successful.

-Its possible use lists box from Qlikview in NPrinting?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

https://help.qlik.com - I suggest to always check there for answers first.

I need to enable the excel developer tool. In Excel, it is necessary to activate in the file> Options> Customize ribbon> Main tabs> Developer, where can I activate NPrinting?

What do you need it for? If you want to write macro do it in excel and then use it as a template. I have not seen support for Dev ribbon in NPrinting. You can also try using shortcut alt+F11. If you want to embed some OCX library objects i dont think they will be supported in NPrinting. You can take the same approach and build everything in excel as a template and then try to use this template to place NPrintning entity tags.

When I try to create an Excel formula from a TB10 column, an error appears, but when I did it in Excel, I was successful.

The way you build your report looks little bit strange. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve as you are entering whole Table as a entity tag into your template. Help.qlik.com explains how to use formulas with coresponding objects in excel. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Make-Calculated-Co...

Its possible use lists box from Qlikview in NPrinting?

be precise what you want to use it for - to answer your question I can say yes, we can use listboxes in NPrinting... but you can use listbox object only as an image. If you want to use it as a data you need to use field as a Level or Page or Cycle.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

https://help.qlik.com - I suggest to always check there for answers first.

I need to enable the excel developer tool. In Excel, it is necessary to activate in the file> Options> Customize ribbon> Main tabs> Developer, where can I activate NPrinting?

What do you need it for? If you want to write macro do it in excel and then use it as a template. I have not seen support for Dev ribbon in NPrinting. You can also try using shortcut alt+F11. If you want to embed some OCX library objects i dont think they will be supported in NPrinting. You can take the same approach and build everything in excel as a template and then try to use this template to place NPrintning entity tags.

When I try to create an Excel formula from a TB10 column, an error appears, but when I did it in Excel, I was successful.

The way you build your report looks little bit strange. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve as you are entering whole Table as a entity tag into your template. Help.qlik.com explains how to use formulas with coresponding objects in excel. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Make-Calculated-Co...

Its possible use lists box from Qlikview in NPrinting?

be precise what you want to use it for - to answer your question I can say yes, we can use listboxes in NPrinting... but you can use listbox object only as an image. If you want to use it as a data you need to use field as a Level or Page or Cycle.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You added TB10 as a table tag. If the original table hase more than 3 columns they will be written over column D, E, etc in the final report. In similar cases I suggest to insert the straight table column by column.

It is normal to have an Excel error in similar cases. The table tag <TB10> is interpreted by Excel as a string, if you insert it in a formula that needs a number (for example) Excel returns an error that disappears on the produced reports.

In any case, inserting Excel formulas in this way is not correct. @Lech_Miszkiewicz suggested you to read the correct way in the help site and I agree. You need to add the straight table column by column and insert an Excel table. Maybe, it depends on the situation and it is not clear at the moment, you need to disable the Expand Range option to keep the formula references.

If you want to insert Excel macros you must develop an .xlsm template and also select .xlsm as output format. It is the only template format that supports macros, and the VBA code is only copied from the source template to the output report. Macros are never executed by Qlik NPrinting. 

In a node of the template treeview you can insert all and only the objects that you see when you do a right click on the node. For more details read https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

The solution was, first created all formulas in excel and after import this excel as template. thank you.