Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excel reports - Embedded HTML - NP17 missing feature

Dear all,

Am I the only one to request this feasture in NPrinting 17 ?  I successfuly  used the feature with Nprinting 16 . In my case  it was  to manage  "merge cells".   I added some "merge cells" just above my headers to group with a nice banner my measures.

I'll to do this report in HTML but honestly with I'm going to spend more time on it

"The possibility to embed Excel reports in the e-mail body is not present in the NPrinting 17 and higher release and it is not in the road map so far. Only HTML reports and QlikView entity reports can be embedded."

are there other people in the same case as me?  

7 Replies
Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

You have to upgrade your NP to later version, ideally NP June 2019.

Natalija

girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Natalija,

thank you so much  for your quick reply.. but I did not see this feature in the June 2019  relase note . Before posting I read all Release notes from November 2018 to June 2019 (I have the September 2018 version)

Did you test it on your side ? Do you know when this feature was added ?

regards

Benoît

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Apologies, I read your post way too quick. I thought you would like to embed HTML reports inside e-mail body.

I have two environments NP 16.8 and NP2019 . 

Out of curiosity , how did you manage to embed excel report in NP 16? I don't see embed option there 🙂 

embed.png

Natalija

girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Natalija

• Previously you have to change the output format to "Html" in the "Reports" pane of the Task

2019-07-18_12h17_14.png

• Then it will appear in the Body Editor of the message !

2019-07-18_12h20_33.png

regards

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this! 

Yes, I am afraid it is not available function yet, as even when you change output webconsole still sees your report as excel , even when you change output to html.

Sorry for confusion 🙂 

Natalija

girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Don't worry, it's why I'm asking the community how the handle this issue...

I think in some scenario , it'll take time to rebuild everything in HMTL.. and honestly I don't want to write HTML code, because it's time consumming to reformat everything, manage well the size of the column. (The demo is about putting an image in the HTML part, it's quite easy.. but sometimes you have to put a more complexe table directly into the body of the email... I'll relearn my html !! ^^) 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At the moment (June 2019) you can embed into email bodies only HTML and QlikView entity reports as you correctly stated. 

I don't know when this feature will be added. 

Please note that HTML generated from Office reports could not be perfect. So I strongly suggest to develop native HTML templates every time you need an HTML output in order to have full control of the results.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.