Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

mike_spada
New Contributor

Extension objects in NPrinting missing?

Hi,

I'm very new to NPrinting. I read some articoles from help.qlik, saw video on youtube, but I need an answer to a big question: in NPrinting 16 we used Extension Object in QlikView when developing our dashbords. We went in web view and then in properties we could add one of the three objects.

Now I removed the 16th version and installed 17.2 because customer want to use on-demand.

I didn't find the extension object. Are they no more supported/inserted in NPrinting 17.2?

Thanks in advance... pls help me

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Extension objects in NPrinting missing?

Mike -

The old extension objects can only be used in NPrinting 16. You must use the native On-Demand object from the add-on for version 17.

5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Mike,

In Qlik NPrinting 17.2, On-demand is installed as an add-on currently available only for QlikView version 11.20 SR15.

All details are available in the online help. Start here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.2/Content/On-Demand/Intro-On-Demand.htm

HTH - Daniel.

mike_spada
New Contributor

Thank you Daniel,

I already installed on demand Add on even if I didn't succed in view the ondemand button in Access Point.

I wanted just know if the extension objects for on demand are no more used in 17.3.

Is it true?

Thanks,

M.

Employee
Employee

Mike -

The old extension objects can only be used in NPrinting 16. You must use the native On-Demand object from the add-on for version 17.

samsunqv
New Contributor II

Hi Stephen,

The onDemand extension objects were used to create report queues at the click of a button within the application.

Do you mean to say that we cannot export reports from within the application , ie , we cannot use the "Run Report" extension button within the application from Version 17 onwards ?

We are looking to give the user an option of exporting the charts from an integrated application , and also from the Access point.

Is there a way to do this with Nprinting , let us know.

Thanks

Employee
Employee

Yes, you can still run an On-Demand report from inside a QVW. However, version 17 is not compatible with the extension objects used in version 16.

The On-Demand object is now a native QlikView object that requires the installation of an add-on. See the following for more: On-Demand reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Community Browser