Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

External NPrinting Repository

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had successfully placed their NPrinting repository on a dedicated RDS server.

It seems like it would be easy enough to take what we have in the local NP repository and place it into another dedicated PostgreSQL database via PGAdmin Tool. However I am curious in terms of how to get the NPrintingRepo Service to know to connect to the external repository server.

There are other threads on altering pg_hba.conf or PostgreSQL.conf files (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-connect-to-postgresql-database-from-...) but I believe these are based on local installations.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience on how to accomplish this.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is not supported at the moment, but I agree... this would be a great feature!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz . This is not supported nor documented at the moment (latest version is February 2021) so you will do that at your own risk and in case you will need support it will be required to roll-back to a supported configuration. 

You can post/check new feature requests at https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks guys. I understand it is not supported by Qlik, but if there was a workaround method that we can accomplish this I would still like to know (as I am sure many others would as well). If not, then yes there's not much we can do until Qlik develops this functionality.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @qlik_Maestro 

Any workaround would not be supported.

But more importantly, even if you find a solution that makes it work, it could potentially jeopardize/put at risk deployments using any such workaround simply because this puts you in uncharted territory if anything goes wrong.

But yes I do also most definitely agree this would be a very nice feature to have.

Please feel free to post your idea here if you haven't already done so..

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!