Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Extracting Nprinting Log files into Qliksense applicaiton

Hi ,

We have a requirement where we need to monitor the Nprinting tasks .We know that we can view the logs in Nprinting_scheduler.log file but is there any way where we can pull the data from these log files into QLiksense

There is a Logviewer.qvw file available in community but I think it only works for Nprinting 16 as mentioned below

NPrinting Log Viewer

Can we make any changes in the script so that it can work properly in the latest versions

Regards,

Bhargav

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No - log files will be completely different and will never work with this app

NPrinitng 16 and 17 log files are completely different data sets so the only option you have is to create your own application to read nprinting log files from scratch.

To be honest i would not use log files, but API and REST connector to see the task execution status from NPrinting tasks!

more here:

Task chaining from QlikView and Qlik Sense to NPrinting17

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/APIs/NP+API/index.html#Tasks

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Extending/NPrintingAPI-Getting-Started.htm

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech Miszkiewicz,

Thanks for replying,

The Nprinting APIs are getting the data from the Nprinting Repository and I have directly connected it using Postgres connector which you have mentioned in below discussion

NPrinting Repository Database - Name

But the problem is that the information for the error caused is not given in detail in the Nprinting Repository.

There is no data in Nprinting repository explaining that for which users the report was not generated and what was the exact reason for the failure.

So is there any setting in NPrinting that will increase the level of detail in the repository

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You cannot change the detail level of the repository, but you can change the logs to debug level https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/AdministeringQVNprinting/Logging.htm.

Starting from June 2018 we also solved an issue on logs format:

Qlik NPrinting Engine log does not follow the standard format

Some rows of the Qlik NPrinting Engine logs did not follow the standard log format, so their columns were not properly formatted.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Is it  possible from June 2018 version to extract data from the Log files.

Can you please provide sample script for the same.

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What we did in June 2018 version is to write Engine logs in the same format of Qlik Sense.

I'm sorry but I don't have a script to load them into a QlikView or Qlik Sense document.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Please correct me  if I am wrong

As per my understanding the Nprinting log files are in Qliksense readable format and we can directly fetch data into Qliksense application through connectors

Also is this applicable to other log files i.e

Nprinting Scheduler logs

Nprinting Web logs

Nprinting Manager logs

Regards,

Bhargav

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - they are just text files so it is all readable

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
craig_adams
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

hi, did you manage to put together a reader for the logs? I've been working on one with QV12 but i need to use look up's for the id numbers against things like email addresses and task names.

before i dig into the API route and QlikSense, i thought i would see if anyone could share anything.