Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Fast Change chart on QVW with Page Feature on NP17

Hello QlikGeeks,

I am having an issue with the Fast Type Change option using Page feature for  NP17.  In detail, I have a Pie Chart with Trellis Settings 3x1 and Fast Type Change  to Bar Chart.  I am using this SheetID as Page feature in NP17. When I change the fast type change to Bar and generate On-Demand report I am still getting the pie chart on the Power Point report instead of Bar Chart.  Everything is working fine except the Fast Type Change option is not applying for generated On-Demand Power Point. QVW is showing the Bar Chart but Report has Pie Chart.

Thanks in Advance for any help?

Thanks,

CVR

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Fast change is not a setting which will be passed to NPrinting during OnDemand report generation. To be frank it will always show default chart (all other ones available in fast change are not relevant when used with NPrinting)

I am assuming you are using this chart as an image. The workaround would be to create a container with separate charts inside (each chart would represent one of the fast changes: bar, line, table whatever....). You would then create a field (usually island field) and would create conditional hide and show of charts inside container based on this field selection, so only one will be visible at the time.  This condition cannot be variable - it needs to be dependant on field selection as only field selections are passed when executing ondemand report.  

attached short clip and sample qvw app with solution.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually I am using a Trellis Chart. I am not sure how to implement the above steps ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Trellis is just setting  of  A chart in qlikview so idea and steps are exactlyy the same

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply.I will follow the steps and update the result here. Actual issue with my Pie-Chart is data points are overlapping and not visible. So I thought fast change to Bar Chart could help when data points are overlapping on Pie-Chart.