cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dschuebel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Field linking does not work in NPrinting 16

We are using NPrinting 16 and we wanted to connect two Qlikview documents. We followed this steps, but it isn’t working.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Use-Linked-Fields-with-Keep-All-Matchi...

We have created a linked field with two fields from two different Qlikview documents. On the Excel Report we have added a page to the current sheet, and we could select only one of the two connected fields. Sound of the introduction, they are have to be connected, but only one connection is always updated.

How could it work?
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that QlikView NPrinting 16 is no more supported. I strongly suggest you to migrate to latest Qlik NPrinting version. 

Note also that Linked Fields are not supported in 17+ versions so I suggest to avoid to develop solutions that use Linked Fields because you will be forced to re-develop them when you will move to June 2020 or newer. Create a single .QVW by merging the two original and use the field from the merged QVW in the template. This is the only way supported by Qlik NPrinting 17+, so if you do this, you will be ready to migrate.

In QlikView NPrinting 16 you can add Linked Fields in the Pages node of Excel templates. You can recognize them because they are the only objects in the list with an ID that starts with a curly bracket.  Of course you can search them by name.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that QlikView NPrinting 16 is no more supported. I strongly suggest you to migrate to latest Qlik NPrinting version. 

Note also that Linked Fields are not supported in 17+ versions so I suggest to avoid to develop solutions that use Linked Fields because you will be forced to re-develop them when you will move to June 2020 or newer. Create a single .QVW by merging the two original and use the field from the merged QVW in the template. This is the only way supported by Qlik NPrinting 17+, so if you do this, you will be ready to migrate.

In QlikView NPrinting 16 you can add Linked Fields in the Pages node of Excel templates. You can recognize them because they are the only objects in the list with an ID that starts with a curly bracket.  Of course you can search them by name.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dschuebel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but the linked field still doesn't working. Only one connection is always updated. Are there any special rules or instructions that must be observed when you create a linked fileld?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you followed the tutorial you liked step-by-step you will see the linked fields. Try to sane the project, close and reopen it but I don't remember any similar problem with linked fields.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli 

what i can add is..... 

It can be that despite your fields values appear the same in both fields they are not identical in data model (duals, dates with masks, one stored as text another as number etc..). I would start by providing info what fields you are trying to link, what are the values, how those fields are loaded to QlikView data model.. On NPrinting side I would check if there are no filters for either connection and whether there are any recipient filters which could skew results.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.