Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Fields appearing in the wrong order in straight table

I have another weird one.

I have a straight table I'm bringing into an excel worksheet. 

Layout all the cells and the headers are in the right place but the data is showing in the wrong columns.

The data is catched the report table object is up to date, what is going on?  This is getting really fustrating as I cant move on and im spending a rediculious amount of time trying to find a work around.  Is this another bug like the field name suffix issue?

Regards

Andy

12 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

do you have Hidden columns?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

No hidden columns.

avinashelite

Could you share the sample file which illustrate the problem

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hope this makes sense.  Basically the fields arent displaying the data where it states it should so currently I've fudged it like below.

avinashelite

Hmm got you even I have faced this issue . Why don't you import the complete table ? make all the changes in QV with the required header and columns and simply use the table as drag and drop ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

There are columns in the table I didn't want to include plus I wanted to customise the cell formating in excel. 

So this is a bug and nothing we are doing fundmentally wrong?

avinashelite

One question how your updating the columns names ? by manual edit ?

try drag and drop each field , it updates column label and definition ..then edit the label this should work , if your directly typing some times it don't work

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andy

I always avoid dynymic column names (expressions in my columns labels as they were causing a lot of issues. Instead i used static labels (ALL must be unique/distinct within one table!!!) If i wanted to have dynamic labels for my columns i used variables/formulas instead.

I also switched off all conditional Hide/show for expressions as well as for columns in (Presentation tabl)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hi Lech

Im not using dynamic column names a think ive noticed is for fields created using a expression the label is brought through and for the fields based on a value the label is blank and I have to insert it.

So I have 3 issues with Nprinting 17.3 table adding and layout

1. Static Labels dont always generate only when the field is a measure (Annoying but can work around)

2. When I use the same field in more than one table the identification of the field is unstable making it think it needs updates each time (masses of rework and potiential missing of changes)

3. In this one case the table is ordering the fields in the wrong order to what I have set on the screen. (Ive fudgeed it but this is not sustainable noone supporting this later would understand why ive done what ive done)

Are any of these things addressed in the June 2017/ 17.4 release?

Regards

Andy