Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradopam
Contributor II
Contributor II

File size in Nprinting is greater

Hi!

Does anybody knows why when I sent a report in NPrinting the size is 20MB and when I download directly for the app or the template report it is only 7 MB? And how can I get the same file size for any way of get  the report?

I am using Sep 2018 Version: 18.29.9.0

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@pradopam 

Check your report, target user, and publish tasks for filters and object level filters.

If you have differing filters you will get different file output sizes.

ie: if you have report filters, the preview file size may differ than the task output if other filters are added to the task itself and if the user also has filters assigned to it.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pradopam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Frank_S 

Yes, I checked before, there is only a filter and I applied ever that I get the report (any way to getting).

Thanks. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There are too few details to understand what is happening. Please add some screenshots to better explain what you are doing.

What kind of file are you speaking about? 

In same cases the generated reports are compressed as described in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomatio...

What do you mean with "download directly from the app"? Qlik NPrinting apps contain the report templates that describe the structures of the reports but have not data so, in general, the templates have a smaller size than the related generated reports that contain also the data.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
pradopam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

When I said "download directly from the app" I mean that I open the app in Qlik Sense and use the Export data option on the table, the size of this file is 6.2 MB and is .XLS type. The other way that I obtain the file is when I open the template editor for Nprinting and choose the preview option and it gets the file .XLS with the data, so if I save it the file .XLS type is 23.5 MB. And the file attached on the email distributed for Nprinting it gets 20 MB.

I need that the distributed file size are least than 20 MB.

Thanks 🙂

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The size of the Qlik NPrinting reports depends on the content of the reports and their formats.

A report could contains more than a single table, it can have many tables, images, etc. We don't know how your report is composed, please check it.

Filters could be different then the ones applied on Qlik Sense when you export the object. For example you should compare the number of rows exported from Qlik Sense with the ones in the report.

Instead of an output in .xls try to use .xlsx that is compressed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.