Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Filter a Report by Even\Non-even Months.

Hi.

Our NPrinting sends a daily sales report of the current month.
Now there is a new demand: If the current month is a Non-Even one (Jan., March etc.) then the time filter should be current month. If the current month is an Even one (Feb., April ect.) then the Time filter should be current month + previous month.
How can I achieve it?

(We are using NP November 2018 and QS November 2018)

Thx.

Motty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is quite easy wit evaluate formula filter. The only thing to remember is to make sure that filters do not contract each other.

In my QlikSense/QlikView scripts i usually create [Cal Month] Field which shows month & year (like Jan-19,Feb19 etc..)

I usually create this field by using formula in script: Date(MonthStart(MyDateField,'MMM-YY'))

With this as a background now i go to NPrinting and use following setup (see screenshot).

I have tested it and it works.

regards

Lech

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Not an expert in nprinting by any means.
but why dont you handle this in qlik sense side with set analysis.
e.g. your measure is Sum({<$(vSetVariable)>}
you make the set variable appropriately according to your conditions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is quite easy wit evaluate formula filter. The only thing to remember is to make sure that filters do not contract each other.

In my QlikSense/QlikView scripts i usually create [Cal Month] Field which shows month & year (like Jan-19,Feb19 etc..)

I usually create this field by using formula in script: Date(MonthStart(MyDateField,'MMM-YY'))

With this as a background now i go to NPrinting and use following setup (see screenshot).

I have tested it and it works.

regards

Lech

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.