Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Filter is not applied from qvw file in NPrinting version 18

Hi folks,

I have a qvw file which has filters applied in it. 

I am using NPrinting version 18. I have created a PDF Report.

The PDF Report generated without applying filter.

Can u please help on this on why the filter is not applied from qvw file. While generating the PDF Report.

Thanks,

Hemachandran

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry, I have not understand what you mean with "I have a qvw file which has filters applied in it.".

If you want the Qlik NPrinting generates filtered reports you need to use Section Access https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-ac... or Qlik NPrinting Filters https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam....

If you saved the QlikView document with applied filters they are removed when Qlik NPrinting opens it to create the reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Are you referring to the use of NPrinting and NPrinting On Demand? 

Are you making a selection in the QVW in the QV access point then generating an ON Demand report?

Or are you simply publishing a report using NPrinting publish tasks?

If the latter, then you need to use and NPrinting filter or filters as suggested by Ruggero in the previous comment to generate the data and report output you need.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!