Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Filter issue

Hi Guys

I have an issue around the use of filters in my report.

Environment is NPrinting 17.3.

I'm generating a excel report with 2 levels in it.

When I set a country or region filter the report generates fine.

When I set the filter to the user key which happens to be an email address I get the dreaded Sequence contains no elements error.

Can you point me in the direction of the inner exception details as the logs i've looked at are not very useful to troubleshoot with?

Regards

Andy

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Just to close this thread the workaround I put in play by generating the key replacing the @ symbol solved my immediate issue.

Not sure if this has been resolved in later releases but one for another post.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Trying a number of different filter types it definitely seems to be the use of an email or the @ symbol that seems to be causing NPrinting to act up.

I'm going to replace the key with another value with the same level of uniqueness and see how I get on.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I know that this is not a direct answer to your issue, but i strongly suggest to upgrade. You are on very old, buggy version (i think you are like 12 versions behind!).

If you have not used the recent versions you are not even aware how much you are missing!

Troubleshooting your issue would also be easier by looking at task execution preview which would indicate what filter is not applied.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with Lech. You must upgrade to the most recent version by following official instructions before to go ahead with the problem investigation. A log of bugs are solved between 17.3 and February 2019, some about filters so we must be sure that you are benefit of all of them before proceeding.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I agree we are well behind on releases. I have raised this and reccomend that this happens. In the mean time I have to deliver on the environment I have.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Ideally yes but I haven't got the time to wait for this to happen. I have raised a request for the environment to be upgraded before this issue was identified. In the mean time I have to get on and deliver on what I have. I'm testing my work around today.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Just to close this thread the workaround I put in play by generating the key replacing the @ symbol solved my immediate issue.

Not sure if this has been resolved in later releases but one for another post.