cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter on level with calculated dimension - Nprinting

Hello community,

I am trying to find a solution about filters on levels in NPrinting.

I explain : I have in QV application a field which allows me to create my TOP 25.

In my NPrinting I want to create a graphic for only this TOP 25  => I want to use it as my level

Actually i didn't find solution to use calculate field as level....I am not sure that it is possible.

If someone has any idea, i take it !

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you look at the release notes for the latest service pack 17.3.1 you see mention trust calculated dimensions are no longer selectable as a level so to meet your requirement you need to have a seperate qv app containing only your top 25.  so filter in your load script or in your existing app have a flag that identifies the top 25 that way you can pass the restriction through as a report filter.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

By level do you mean you want to show the first 25 as level one then the next 25 as level 2 etc... In that case I would recommend you look at creating buckets in your QV app to group into levels.

If you just want the top 25 to be displayed then just display the top 25 graphic and you don't need a level. levels are resource intensive so best to try and do the hard work in your QV app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Andy,

Thank you for you quick response.

I mean I have my top 25 in my QV application and I want to have 25 graphics for these top.

I don't know if I am clear or not..sorry.

Thanks for your help.

Aina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No idea ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you look at the release notes for the latest service pack 17.3.1 you see mention trust calculated dimensions are no longer selectable as a level so to meet your requirement you need to have a seperate qv app containing only your top 25.  so filter in your load script or in your existing app have a flag that identifies the top 25 that way you can pass the restriction through as a report filter.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can just use a dimension limit. This works for meTop25.PNG

I only see the largest 25 values, without using any filter(s)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Wouter,

Thanks for your response but my problem is to display theses Top in my NPrinting report.

I don't have issue on my QV application but may be i don't understand your approach

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you can solve it QlikView, then you can use your object as well in nprinting.

I created a object Top25 in QlikView.

Top25.PNG

Then I use it in nprinting:

top25_word.PNG

The result is my expect values:

result25.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can use my object with my TOP 25 values but I need to create graphics for these top 25 so my question was how can i do that because I can't use calculated field as level in NPrinting.

Example I have my top 25 list which is dynamic in Qlikview (of course). In NPrinting I want to have graphic for each value of these TOP 25.

if I have toto, titi, tata I want to have one graphic for toto, one for titi and another one for tata. But if tomorrow I have toto, tutu, tata i will have one graphic for toto, one for tutu and one for tata but no titi anymore.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ok. What you can do is what Andy described. Flag you data in your QlikView Script. This flag can be used in nprinting.