Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter order

Hello

I'm trying to generate some reports. For this I need several filters. According to the qlik help site the Order of filter should be like task -> user -> report -> object. 

In my case I have a report which is used by many tasks. The tasks are representing some kind of department structure. So I will have task Department A, task Department B etc. all using the same report. Each task has its own department filter. The report within the task also has some filters e.g. specific projects oder locations. 

Finally I have one person per report who is receiving the result of the task. Each person has its own filter to only show his or her cost center data for the specific departments. 

No what I get when I start this is that the task ignores filters connected to the person. Completely. It filters for Department (task filter), location and project (both report filters). So basically it is like that

task filter (check) -> user (ignored) -> report (check)-> object (not used)

Any suggestions what it is like that? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About how filters are configured.

You could start by adding a formula, in you report, that contains the GetCurrentSelections() https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Field... function. This will print all the applied filters so you can check that all filters (task, report, user) are applied. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All details about filters are explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

If Qlik NPrinting is ignoring user filters check that the filters are enabled. Check also that they are created on the same connection as the objects in the report. Check the task execution page and the logs to verify if there are errors. 

Are the reports generated?

Could you post some screenshots?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer, 

All filters that I use are activated and pointing to the right connection. The reports are generated. What kind of sceenshot could be helpfull? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About how filters are configured.

You could start by adding a formula, in you report, that contains the GetCurrentSelections() https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Field... function. This will print all the applied filters so you can check that all filters (task, report, user) are applied. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

GetCurrentSelections was a nice hint, thanks for that. I've missed to assign one filter to a person, that caused my problem. But thanks again for the GetCurrentSelections thing 🙂

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Great that you solved. Yes, in my experience GetCurrentSelections is very useful to understand what is happening when you have complex filters applied.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero