Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_ULG
Creator
Creator

Filtering on previous WeekName

Hi,

I'm currently having an issue when trying to apply a filter in nPrinting to return values based on the previous WeekName.

Returning based on the current WeekName works fine, when I use the following syntax =WeekName(Today()) and set it to 'Evaluate Value'.

However, when using =WeekName(Today())-1 to return the data for the previous WeekName, it fails. I'm assuming that this is because it can't evaluate what is strictly not a numeric value.

This syntax did work in the previous version of nPrinting, and I'd prefer not to set the filter in QV itself through set analysis.

The reason I'm using WeekName rather than Week is to avoid any issues at year-end, and having to set and change a Year filter.

Is there different syntax which can be applied to resolve this in the nPrinting WeekName filter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The principal you are trying to achieve is identical to this one:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Dynamic-Filter-Nprinting-17/m-p/1336469

Solution:

Check datatypes created in Qlik and make sure you use the same ones in NPrinting

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The principal you are trying to achieve is identical to this one:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Dynamic-Filter-Nprinting-17/m-p/1336469

Solution:

Check datatypes created in Qlik and make sure you use the same ones in NPrinting

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Qlik_ULG
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much, lech.

This is very helpful.