Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoffer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering report by email and delivering to same email :Qlik NPrinting April 2018 Version: 18.9.5

version: Qlik NPrinting April 2018 Version: 18.9.5 against qliksense

Basic question. If I use email only and no ntid what is the best structure route to filter and send via nprinting?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@shoffer 

• Without section access you can use recipient user filters to achieve your requirement.
  • User filters will filter data for each user based on the filter(s) which you assign to each user.

See the following for additional information

Hope this helps you to meet your requirement

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shoffer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Very useful and not sure why it was so hard for me to find this documentation

big question: can I email reports to anyone outside of my domain?

That part seems unclear

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, reports will be sent to user emails, it doesn't matter in what server they are. Please read carefully also the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up-ema... about SMTP configuration.

You can find information on the Release Notes that you can download from the same website where you download the setups, and in the official help site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm. The help site has also a search form.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
shoffer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One more tidbit of a question.

All the information is helpful and I am at the point I can send out via email

BUT the xls attachments are not there.

If i am running the nPrinting Designer locally, how to I save to one of our remote servers where nPrinting can actually pickup and generate the reports to attach?

I am assuming this is the problem.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @shoffer 

The NPrinting designer is for design purposes only.

If you wish to distribute the report that you designed, you need to select and follow one or more of the listed distribution methods below:

Publishing reports

If you like also check out a listing of videos that visually describe several NPrinting Design and Distribution techniques, please feel free to check out the following link for more information.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must start by reading the official help site and only after try to develop your solution. As alternative you can hire an expert consultant or follow a training course. Qlik NPrinting is an enterprise class software, you cannot simply login and start to use it, you must be trained before starting. 

The official help site explains well hot to develop and distribute an Excel report.

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.