Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Filters in reports and tasks

Hi experts,

If I make a report and in template editor don't use table, instead of that I use cells, can filter work?

Thanks,

Jasmina

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes.

Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-filters.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hmmm,

Thanks. Then I must now find what is problem. I am getting message: "File cannot be opened."

Regards,

Jasmina

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The message: "File cannot be opened." seems not related to filters but it is too generic.

Add some details about what are you doing.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nothing special,

I was trying to put a filter for this report, so I can choose date what I want, and generate report for this date. This is working for report that I made with tables.

But this report, where started problem, it is just a table with maybe 300 cells. Because of shape of report I couldn't use ready table from QS. I used cells.

And something went wrong.

But interesting, maybe is not about filters, maybe about something other, because these filters I didn't attached to original report and task. Just I made copy of this report, and a created a new task for this report, and here I attached filters that I created.

But for some reasons...after this what I made, report cannot be generated.

Now I restarted services, and I reloaded app, started task...but again the same problem...

😕

Template editor is February 2018, NP is April 2018..., QS is April 2018...

It was working normally to yesterday. pff

Don't ask me for a new version.

I will wait september, for a new. heheh

Jasmina

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found a solution...Here was problem....I don't know why I took this option, now when I unchecked this, it's working.

For what is this good?

connection.png

jasmina

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

"Template editor is February 2018, NP is April 2018"

The Designer must be at the same version of the Server, so you must install Designer April 2018.

To solve the issue about columns order you have to try to (in June 2018 or September 2018):

- switch two or more columns in the original app

- move back the columns to the right place

- regenerate the Qlik NPrinting Connection cache

This forces Qlik Sense to write some internal information that manage the columns order during their export. As result Qlik NPrinting will be able to display them in the correct order.

The option applies Qlik Sense section access. More details are in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/manage-security.... You don't need this if you are not using section access in the original app.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I saw this answer, when you wrote it. And i wanted to ignore...haha

I am kidding, thank you.

Jasmina