cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felipeyague
Contributor II
Contributor II

First steps with Nprinting templates

Hello, I have installed Qlik nprinting. I have been able to create connection with app from qliksense, everything seems to be right because it can generate metadata and it says everything is ok. The problem is when i go to edit template, it is the same for which app or in which format (word, excel...). The error message I get is always the same:

"Connection error with navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=http://192.168.0.71/;appid=xxxxxxxxxxxxx;identity=xxxxxxxx; Cannot deseralize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.UnifiedCache.CustomProperties' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly....

I have much time with this error but now i need to create reports in nprinting in order to send them to people in the company. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check to have installed Qlik NPrinting Designer of the same version as the Qlik NPrinting Server you are connecting. It seems that the Designer is not able to manage correctly the communications with the server.

Different versions could have some different communication methods (for example to support new feature) and they could not be compatible with older one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check to have installed Qlik NPrinting Designer of the same version as the Qlik NPrinting Server you are connecting. It seems that the Designer is not able to manage correctly the communications with the server.

Different versions could have some different communication methods (for example to support new feature) and they could not be compatible with older one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.