Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Forcing Login to OnDemand

Hi, 

We are about to rollout OnDemand with Qlikview and have been carrying out a lot of testing.  What we are noticing is once we have logged to OnDemand as a test user we can see a lot of historical reports.  When we login to Qlikview as a real user, we are not prompted to login again when clicking OnDemand and we can see the same list of historical test reports.  

I know we can delete any ondemand tasks we have run during testing - but is there a way to force the user to login each time to ensure they only see the ondemand reports they have run?

Many thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Senor_Dai 

It's not clear what you mean by test user and real user.

The fact is that all NPrinting users are defined by the NPrinting security roles to which you assign them to whether they are built in NP security roles or customized roles.

I suggest that you follow the steps in the following On Demand Troubleshooting article to learn about defining permissions to enable On Demand usage with NPrinting security roles.

So to answer your question (if I understood your requirement), to enable on demand reporting access, you must enable the specific permissins in the role that the user is assigned to. This is shown as an image in the linked above.

For general information on role managements, please visit:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

I also performed a test using two separate NPrinting accounts within the same security role with correct permissions to access on demand reports and I did not see existing reports in User 2.

So history of reports executed by user 1 do not show up for User 2 when user 2 logs in with their own separate domain login credentials.

create a report.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!