Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Format from App not being applied in Report

Hi, 

I am creating a PDF report using an Excel template in NPrinting and one of the business requirements is to have vertical alignment for all data. I unchecked source formatting for most of the fields being mapped from our Qlikview app and that works fine. However, there are some fields that I need to keep source formatting on for (due to color coding in the data logic) so we formatted the alignment in the connected Qlikview app itself. However, when I generate the report, the alignment does not get applied. Please see the screenshots below. I also did update the formatting directly in my excel template as well.  Is there any way to resolve this? 

Data in the Qlikview App:

Labiqa_1-1606777414993.png

Data in the Report:

Labiqa_0-1606777344370.png

Thank you!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Labiqa 

You have two options.

You can use table data which is a best effort to reproduce the chart and chart source formatting.

Or if you need identical chart output, you would need to use chart images in your report as shown in the snapshot below.

If you are creating a PDF then using the chart object as an image rather than the table object should meet your requirement.

formatting.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Frank suggestion to use images is probably the simplest solution. 

My preference is usually to disable "keep source format" and create additional data columns in the QlikView table with values which I can use in Excel to conditionally format cells using excel functionalities. This data is brought in to excel but it is usually hidden in hidden columns.

So if I have column which has custom condition which colours background based on expression to red, green or any other colour, I create additional column in the table which outputs those colour values as "red", "green"," "amber" etc and then I use cell reference in excel conditional formatting...

It is much slower process but I prefer to use it as outcome is much nicer 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Labiqa 

You have two options.

You can use table data which is a best effort to reproduce the chart and chart source formatting.

Or if you need identical chart output, you would need to use chart images in your report as shown in the snapshot below.

If you are creating a PDF then using the chart object as an image rather than the table object should meet your requirement.

formatting.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Frank suggestion to use images is probably the simplest solution. 

My preference is usually to disable "keep source format" and create additional data columns in the QlikView table with values which I can use in Excel to conditionally format cells using excel functionalities. This data is brought in to excel but it is usually hidden in hidden columns.

So if I have column which has custom condition which colours background based on expression to red, green or any other colour, I create additional column in the table which outputs those colour values as "red", "green"," "amber" etc and then I use cell reference in excel conditional formatting...

It is much slower process but I prefer to use it as outcome is much nicer 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you both! I tried both options and they worked