Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Formula into a word object ?

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to have a formula into a word object ? (form such as circle or square)

I tried, but it doesn't work for me. I don't get the result of the formula into the form..

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

It's OK since I update NPRINTING with june 2017 release and update Office 2013 ==> 2016.

Thank you for your answers and the time you take for this issue.

Kevin

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Question not clear. What your intention to achieve? Like this. If not please draw a neat sketch and share with us

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you add a QlikView or Qlik Sense formula in the Formulas node of a Word template and drag and drop it into the template it works. See Formulas ‒ Qlik NPrinting.

Maybe I don't have understand where you want to place the formula. Could you post a template screenshot?

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes I want something like that.

But when I put the formula (with tags like <Formula>) into the object, I don't get the result after previous.

Have you done that in a word template ?

Kevin

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please check that you have selected the correct connection when you create the formula.

If the formula uses fields form connection1 but you selected connection2 the result will be empty.

word formula.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No it's ok.

I don't have issue to get the result if I put the formula into word.

The problem is when I put the formula into an object (such as circle), then it doesn't give me the result.

Kevin

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

It is not clear to me what do you mean with "put the formula into an object (such as circle)".

Could you post a screenshot?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Here is an example

Formula into circle.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What formula you tried?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind. Because this formula works into word. But doesn't work into the shape.