Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicalbert
Partner - Contributor III

Gauge item - help needed

Good morning,

I'm trying to add a gauge item in a pixel perfect report. I tried looking for an "how-to" document, but haven't found anything. The best thing I've found was to use an image from my QV document.

Is someone able to share some knowledge on that?

I'm using nPrinting February 2018 version.

Thanks!

Nic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I confirm that the best solution at the moment is to import it as image.

There is the gauge object in the PixelPerfect editor but it is rendered wrongly in PDF. It works fine if rendered in jpg.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nicolas,

Do you mind sharing what does your gauge chart meant to show?

I can then prepare for you a "walkthrough steps" guide.

I guess as this is a gauge chart it will have some measure which we can calculate as a nprintng function- rigths?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
nicalbert
Author

Hi Lech,

Attached is an extract of the QV doc connected to nPrinting. The gauge in the document is similar to the ones I have to put in the nPrint report.Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Nic

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thats it. Great. Please allow me a few days and i will give you a guide exapmle.

CHeers

lech‌

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
nicalbert
Author

Perfect! Thanks again

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I confirm that the best solution at the moment is to import it as image.

There is the gauge object in the PixelPerfect editor but it is rendered wrongly in PDF. It works fine if rendered in jpg.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nicolas

Ruggero is right. Currently there is not much we can do with out of the box Pixel Perfect Gauge chart

• first - it is not renderring properly labels
  • second - i have not seen ability to colour code data ranges (like green, amber and red). I used target field to mark green/amber border)
  • third - it still does not look really pixel perfect, i still see a lot of pixelization on it

Rugger0, rpc is the BUG registerd? if not, i hope you can chase this up with R&D. Thanks

1.png

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, it is an open bug. I don't know when it will be solved.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
nicalbert
Author

Thanks to both of you! I'll stick to the image for now,

Nic

paul8pharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Any updates on when this >2 year old bug will be squashed?